Students applying for NUST undergraduate admission in the engineering and medical degree programs can benefit from a number of scholarship programs. Some of these scholarships are provided by the NUST and others by the third party sources. Details of eligibility criteria can be found here. However summarized version of each available undergraduate scholarship for NUST is as follows,
Financial Assistance-ship for NUST Undergraduate Students
For First Semester/Academic Year.
- Financial Assistance will be awarded on the basis of admission merit.
- This award will be in the shape of exemption of tuition fee for first six months/first academic year or as per policy in vogue which will be mentioned in the initial selection letters issued to the candidates who have secured merit position for the same.
For Subsequent Semesters.
- In case of students registered in programmes following the semester system, which include all Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Bio-Sciences, Business Studies, Social & Natural Sciences and Architecture, the financial assistance will be awarded on the basis of performance in semester exams.
- Students securing Semester GPA 3.5 or above will be eligible for the award.
NUST Needs Based Scholarship
- NUST provides NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS to its selected Under Graduate and Post Graduate students of fresh entry every year on the basis of their financial need.
- The final merit for award of NNBS is generated on the basis of need of the student and his/her admission merit.
- Financial aid also depends on the availability of University funds.
- The scholarship is for on Campus duration of the programme in which the student is enrolled.
NUST Deferment of Tuition Fee
- Needy students who are unable to pay the fees are allowed deferred payment on case to case basis but they are given degree after repayment of balance amount.
- Minimum 50% of fee is to be paid by the student in each semester with remaining 50% amount to be cleared before award of certificate so that the students can get some jobs.
NUST Subsistence Allowance
In order to ensure equal opportunities and to attract more students from the backward areas the following provisions applicable:
- The hostel facilities are partially or wholly subsidized for the needy and bright students from the backward areas, subject to proof of their need for this concession.; and
- The student are required to pay back the subsistence allowance after completion of his/her degree.
Merit Scholarship Scheme – Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) is offering Twelve (11 Masters + 1 UG (female)) Merit Scholarships as per detail below
- Two Masters Scholarships each for the province of Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan for male/female (Eight Scholarships)
- One each for Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, FATA, (Three Scholarship for Post graduate “Master’s level” students.
- One scholarship for a female engineering student from the province of Balochistan for B.E/B.Sc Engineering.
Third Party Scholarships for NUST Undergraduate Students
Following financial assistance opportunities are also available: Students can also apply on their own for any other scholarship, such as those offered by
- (a) Higher Education Commission (HEC)
- (b) Shell Pakistan
- (c) Baitul Maal
- (d) Provincial Government Endowment Fund Schemes
- (e) Siddique Shafi Trust
- (f) Atlas Foundation
- (g) PEC etc.