Candidates applying for NUST undergraduate admission in the engineering programs can take advantage from a number of scholarship opportunities. Various scholarships are provided by the NUST and others by the third party sources. Eligibility criteria can be found here. However brief version of each available undergraduate scholarship for NUST is as follows,
For First Semester/Academic Year.
- On the basis of admission merit Financial Assistance will be awarded.
- This award will be in the shape of exemption of tuition fee for first six months/first academic year or as per policy which will be stated in the selection letters issued to the students who have obtained merit position.
For Subsequent Semesters.
- If candidate registered in programme following the semester system, which include all Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Bio-Sciences, Business Studies, Social & Natural Sciences and Architecture, the financial assistance will be granted on the basis of performance in semester exams.
- Students obtaining Semester GPA 3.5 or above will be eligible for the award.
NUST Needs Based Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
- NUST offers NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS to its selected Undergraduate students of fresh entry every year on the basis of their financial need.
- The final merit for award of NNBS is created on the basis of need of the student and his/her admission merit.
- Financial aid also depends on the availability of University funds.
- The scholarship is for on Campus duration of the programme in which the student is enrolled.
- Needy candidates who are unable to pay the fees are allowed delayed payment on case to case basis but they are given degree after settlement of balance amount.
- Minimum 50% of fee is to be paid by the candidate in each semester with remaining 50% amount to be paid before award of degree so that the students can get some jobs.