Pakistan Military Forces, the best of the forces in the world. Want to join the army but also wish to become a doctor? Pakistan Army has provided such an opportunity for students. Those wishing so can join as medical cadets at Army Administered Medical Colleges (Rawalpindi, Lahore, Quetta, Karachi, and Multan). Following is all the information you need. www.pakprep.com is complete online preparation platform where you can have very useful material for the preparation of the AM Cadet. FOR FREE REGISTRATION CLICK HERE!!
- Age: 17-21 years (As of 01 November 2018). A relaxation of 3 months is given both in upper and lower limits.
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Should be unmarried.
- Nationality: Those who are citizens of Pakistan. Those with dual nationalities will have to cancel their other nationality and live only as a Pakistani national.
- Physical Requirements:
Height should be minimum 5, 4 and the weight as per body mass index.
The applicants should have 70% or above score in their FSC board examination
Those who have done A ‘levels must have a minimum C grade in Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Those applicants who have a domicile of Sindh, FATA, Baluchistan, Northern Areas, Azad Kashmir ( Upper Nelum Valley) must have a minimum score of 65% in the Intermediate board examination.
Candidates of OLevels, Alevels and other international boards must have an equivalence certificate and must meet the percentage criteria upon conversion of their marks.
Those who have passed FSC part 1 with 70% or above marks and are appearing for their FSC part 2 examination can apply on the basis of ‘HOPE certificate ‘ and must submit their result within 5 days of announcement of the result.
- Not recommended twice.
- Medically unfit due to Hep B/ Hep C.
- Medically unfit as declared by CMH
- Those who were enrolled previously but were dismissed from any of the armed forces ( ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCES) due to discipline, medical, character, inefficiency or deemed unfit or left the forces on their own request.
- Any applicant who was removed any other government services.
The applicants can either apply online or in person.
Online registration can be done on the website:
Other than that the applicants can register at their nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS&RCs).
Dates for Registration: 04 June to 01 July, 2018
The applicants applying as a medical cadet must have appeared in the provincial entry tests for example: ETEA, UHS, MCAT, NUMS etc:
- Written/Intelligence/ Personality Test:
It consists of a MCQs based test from the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English.
Those who pass this test successfully are asked to appear in the next test which is the physical test.
The candidates must be able to do the following to pass this test:
1.6 Km run: 9 Minutes.
Push Ups: 15 repetition in 2 Minutes.
Sit Ups: 15 repetition in 2 Minutes.
Chin Ups: 3 repetition in 2 Minutes.
Ditch Crossing: 7’. 4” x 7’. 4” with a depth of 4 feet.
- Medical Test:
Conducted at the AS&RCs if the applicant passes the previous two tests.
- Interviews and Short listing:
Those selected after these tests are shortlisted and asked to appear in an interview conducted by the GHQ selection board at Army Medical College, Rawalpindi and a Medical examinations of the students done at CMH.
Final candidates are selected at GHQ.
Preliminary Tests including Written/Intelligence/Personality 17 July to 27 July, 2018
MBBS: 5 years study at Army Medical Colleges.
BDS: 4 years study at Army Medical College Rawalpindi.
After the students have passes their final professional examination they are asked to take a 22 weeks military training at PMA, Abbottabad.
- 1 attested copy of Matric/ Intermediate certificate and an equivalence certificate those who are students of Olvels and Alevels
- 1 attested photocopy of National Identity Card or Form ‘B’
- Hope certificate in case an applicant is awaiting FSC part 2 result.
Those who are finally selected will have to sign a contract of 13 years with the Army. They are required to serve the army for atleast 13 years.
Nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centers
Rawalpindi, Muzaffarabad (AJK), Lahore, Faisalabad, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, Hyderabad, Multan, Dera Ismail Khan, Khuzdar & Pano Aqil.