National University of Sciences and Technology NUST very well-known and top rated engineering university of Pakistan. NUST was founded in 1991 with mission of providing quality education and invest in research. So far in a very short period of time they are able to earn very good name in world. NUST provides wide range of programs to accommodate students from every field which also includes engineering programs offered to DAE candidates. Due to their high standards their fee structure is also high, but for poor people they have scholarship facilities (Need based Scholarship). Minimum 60% marks are required to become eligible for NUST NET test. NUST NET test is expected to be conduct in Dec 2018. Every year thousands of students apply for NUST NET, all candidates should work very hard to get admission in NUST.
Pakprep.com is well furnished with all material which is supportive for students to prepare for NUST NET entry test. Pakprep.com contains more than 15000 solved MCQ’s along with explanation. We have more than 500 successful students from last year who got admission in different universities after preparing from Pakprep.com. We also provide facility of past papers to our students. We have NUST NET past papers which helps students to understand structure of entry test and difficulty of MCQ’s. Students can also take MOCK test from our website which are prepared and marked according to NUST standards. Smart analytics will help students to identify their weak areas and keep a separate log of all their mistakes. To start your preparation today with Pakprep.com please CLICK HERE.
Which of these is a function of saliva?
- Moistening and lubrication
- Antisepsis and stabilization of PH
- Carbohydrate digestion
- All of these
All of these
Main ingredients of saliva are:
Mucus causing moistening and lubrication,
Sodium bicarbonate causing antisepsis and PH stabilization
Amylase causing carbohydrate digestion
Which of the statement regarding enzymes is NOT true?
- Some enzymes have metal ions as co-factors
- Enzymes are compounds of hundreds of amino acids
- Enzymes have globular structure
- Enzymes alter the nature and properties of end products
Enzymes alter the nature and properties of end products
Some important properties of enzymes are given below:
- They are globular proteins, which is one reason why we need protein in our diet.
- They are all biological catalysts. They speed up a reaction without being used up; this means they can be used over and over again.
- They do not alter the end products of chemical reaction.
- A small amount of enzyme can affect the change of a large amount of chemical.
- The way enzymes work is affected by temperature, PH and pressure. They can be denatured (destroyed) by excessive heat.
- The reaction is reversible.
- Enzymes are specific that is they control only one reaction. So maltase only acts on maltose, sucrose on sucrose etc.
Virus, Bacteria & Fungi
What is the uniqueness of bacterial photosynthesis?
- It happens without CO2
- It happens without light
- It happens without synthetic pigment
- It happens without water
It happens without water
For normal photosynthesis water plays an important role but in this case bacteria can survive without water and their photosynthesis process use H2S (hydrogen sulfide) instead of water.