Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Information Technology (GIK) is ranked among top engineering universities of Pakistan and also known as worldwide due to their quality of education. GIK was established in 1988 by former President of Pakistan Ghulam Ishaq Khan. Their main motive is to provide quality education and lift youth of Pakistan by providing them carrier opportunities. Currently GIK has six different departments focusing on science and engineering. Same like other universities their eligibility criteria is not very high and you only need 60% marks in FSc to be eligible for any program in GIK. Due to their high standards their fee structure is also very high and not every candidate can afford it, so keeping that in mind they also provide scholarships to needy students. Their entry test is expected to be conducted in April, every year thousands of students apply for it but very little number of students can secure their admission due to difficulty and competition in test.
Pakprep.com provides best online preparation platform for all those students who are willing to get admission in any engineering university of Pakistan. Pakprep.com have more than 15000 solved quality MCQ’s along with their explanation. We have all related material that students need to prepare for any engineering or medical entry test. We also have the facility of MOCK test which will help students to understand how to utilize time in an efficient manner. Smart analytics will keep you updated with all of your weak areas. To start preparing for any engineering test please CLICK HERE.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BS ENGINEERING & COMPUTER SCIENCE PROGRAMS
- HSSC (Pre-Engineering i.e Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- HSSC (Pre-Medical) with Additional Mathematics and 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- A-Level in three subjects Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with D or above grade each in Mathematics & Physics and O-Level in eight subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science, Urdu, Islamic Studies & Pakistan Studies) for local applicants and in five subjects (English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Computer Science) for foreigners.
- American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with Mathematics (with Calculus), Physics and Chemistry with 60% or above marks.
- Sc. (Mathematics & Physics) with 60% or above marks each in Mathematics, Physics & Overall.
- Three years Diploma of Associate Engineering (DAE) in relevant technology from a Pakistani Board of Technical Education with at least 60% marks.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BS MANAGEMENT SCIENCES PROGRAM
- HSSC (Pre-Engg), HSSC (General Science), HSSC (ICS), HSSC (Pre-Medical), HSSC (Humanities) with at least 60% overall marks.
- A-Level in three subjects with D or above grades in two principal subjects and O-Level in eight subjects for local applicants and in five subjects for those applying from abroad with overall 60% or above.
- American or Canadian High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma with overall 60% or above marks, as per IBCC equivalence formula.
Fees and Expenses
The Institute is a non-profit organization and provides subsidized
education. The annual tuition fee (non-refundable) is as under for the
4 years for local residents and wards of expatriate Pakistanis.
|S.No.||Academic Year||Engineering & Computer Sciences(Rs.)||Management Sciences(Rs.)|
The annual tuition fee for foreign students is US$ 7,500/-
The tuition fee is payable before the commencement of the Fall
semester each year. A non-refundable admission fee of Rs. 60,000/- for
Pakistani or US $ 680 for foreign applicants is also required to be
deposited along with the annual tuition fee. Rs. 25,000 will be
charged as security, refundable at the time of leaving the Institute
subject to the clearance from relevant departments. The fee charged
per course offered during the summer session is notified with
announcement of the summer school. The final year students are charged
convocation fee of Rs. 15,000. An advance of Rs. 8,000 is to be
deposited by each student as mess security. Actual charges will be
deducted from advance amount every month.
If a freshly inducted student finds it necessary to withdraw his
admission, he/she must inform GIK Institute in writing. Upon approval
the following refund policy will apply to the annual Tuition Fee:
• Before Joining GIK Institute: 100 %
• Up to first seven days of the commencement of classes: 100% after
deduction of 10% as Administrative charges
• From eighth till fifteenth days after the commencement of classes: 50%
• More than fifteen days after the commencement of classes: Non Refundable
In case an applicant is rendered ineligible upon declaration of
results where refund is made, ineligibility proof is required along
with fee refund application.