To all the students who have imagined themselves as successful graduates of NUST are well aware of this NET test. Which is essentially required to get admission in NUST. In this blog, we will discuss why NET is important, what score you should bag to get in.
NET stands for National Eligible Test, which is conducted at three locations, that is Islamabad (NUST Campus), Karachi and Quetta. At Islamabad the Test is conducted in computer-based format. In Karachi and Quetta, it is in paper-based format conducted in April & July.
First of all, you are allowed to appear in NET once you are done submitting your application. The tests results are out usually 10 days after the test happens. The test score is out of 200 marks, and comprises 200 MCQs. Let’s say if you attempt 100 MCQs and all of them are correct, you will end up scoring 100 marks. But regardless to mention, the 100 marks score is very low.
Score for Admission in Engineering:
A score above 110 is considered safe and you may get admission in some of the lower ranked courses. For Engineering, a score of 125 above is safe. Higher merit courses like Electrical and Mechanical Engineering require a safe score of 140 plus.
Score for Admission in Medical and Applied Bio Sciences:
For both Medical and Applied Bio Sciences a higher score is required, one should score 170 above to get into one of the degrees. The score of above or equal the 140 is acceptable for Applied Bio Sciences.
Score for Architect and Business Studies:
For Architect and Business Studies 130 is considered a safe score. The score for merit is decided once all the tests take place. The pattern of merit is almost the same every year. Which depends upon your rank out of the total students appeared for the test.
Information regarding weight age:
|SUBJECTS INCLUDED IN NET WITH WEIGHTINGS|
1. Merit position for BS Mathematics will be calculated on the basis of score in Mathematics, English and Intelligence.
2. Merit position for BS Physics will be calculated on the basis of score in Physics,
3. Mathematics, English and Intelligence.
4. Merit position for BS Chemistry will be calculated on the basis of score in Chemistry, English and Intelligence.
BS Computer Science
1. @ Candidates with Pre-Engineering background as declared in Online Registration Form will be given test of Chemistry instead of Computer Science.
2. Candidates seeking admission in Computer Science can also opt for admission in BS Mathematics and BS Physics programmes without payment of additional registration fee and appearing in a separate test. Merit of such candidates will be generated as follows: –
3. Candidates appearing in a separate test for BS Mathematics / BS Physics, their merit will not be calculated on the basis of above mentioned policy
BS Applied Biosciences
Business Studies / Social Sciences (BBA / BS Public Administration / BS Mass Communication / BS Economics / BS Psychology / BS Accounting & Finance / LLB (Hons)
Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch) / Bachelor of Industrial Design (BID)
Merit of candidates appearing in test of BS Mathematics, BS Physics and BS Chemistry,
Will be generated on the basis of following: –
For further information check out:
You can also read other blogs:
Image Courtesy : Dawn